It is a condition of deposit return that after using Seacourt Hall you leave it in the same condition that you found it:
After Using Seacourt Hall
- Clean the kitchen and remove waste
- Stack all chairs and fold up tables
- Leave it clean and tidy: cleaning materials are in the cupboard near the kitchen
- Take all food waste and rubbish away after your event
- Report all breakages to the Hall Keeper and you will be advised of any costs
- Turn off all heaters and lights, particularly remembering the toilets
- Close all windows
- Check that all doors are secure
Other issues that might arise as a result of your using Seacourt Hall have been arranged in alphabetical order. If anything is not covered please contact the hall Keeper as soon as practicable:
Seacourt Hall is not licensed for the sale of alcohol. Hirers over 18 years old can provide their own alcoholic drinks but may not sell them.
It is advisable to check availability on the calendar in What’s On before submitting a booking request. Conditions and charges for regular booking may be varied at the discretion of the Management Committee, who reserve the right to refuse without explanation any request for a booking .
If less than two weeks notice is given the deposit will be forfeited.
If you have any complaints or comments about the Hall itself or the booking processes that the Hall Keeper or Secretary/Treasurer cannot resolve then please contact the Chairman of the Seacourt Hall Management Committee – see About page
Two cheques made payable to: Seacourt Hall Management Committee must accompany each application –
- one for the appropriate hire fee
- one for the surety deposit of £60. This deposit will be returned after the booking provided that the hall is left in a satisfactory condition and the keys returned.
Alternatively BACS transfer can be made to our account at Barclays Bank:
Sort code: 20 – 65 – 18
Account number: 90802115
First Aid Box
This is located on the wall in the kitchen. Should you need to use any of the supplies from the box, please make a note in the book.
We have a comprehensive insurance policy with Zurich, which includes Public Liability, Employers Liability, Hirers Liability and Trustees Indemnity.
The hirer must contact the Hall Keeper to arrange a mutually convenient time to collect the keys.
Seacourt Hall is at the West Way shops in Botley. Seacourt Hall is now in its temporary location on the 2nd Floor of the Grant Thornton Building, with lift access.. See our Find us page for further details.
We have a licence from PRS for Music. A PPL licence will be required by anyone who earns an income from providing an activity such as aerobics and dance classes.
Public Address System
This is available for hirer’s use at a charge of £10.00 per booking. Please indicate when booking if you wish to use this system. The Hall Keeper, prior to the start of your event, will demonstrate use of the system.